Ian is also a Director of a Queensland based NGO (which delivers services nationally with an approx. $10 million turn-over and 100 staff) and sits on the UNESCO accredited Noosa Biosphere’s Economic Board.
Ian has learnt by doing, becoming involved in operational training, learning and development through necessity; on the factory floor. Ian understands there are no quick fixes or silver bullets – just sound planning and solid processes. Workforce training and development is now his fascination.
Ian Montague has a Simple Goal:
“To Help Organisations Harness Their Human Capital.”
Since leaving manufacturing and entering the education and training sector, Ian has been fortunate to work on numerous workforce projects across multiple sectors including:
- Community Services – disability, community services, youth detention, child protection and children services
- Management & Leadership
- Local government
- Rail and civil infrastructure
- Metal trades
- Competitive Manufacturing
- Rubber and tyre manufacturing
- Transport and logistics – warehousing and road transport
- Processed minerals – concrete and ceramics
While the training packages and qualifications have been different, the fundamentals are the same. All projects have sought to build organisational capability through improved human capital.
Ian has successfully worked with his clients to attract the following government funds:
- New Entrant Traineeships (User Choice)
- Existing Worker Traineeships
- Productivity Places Program
- Experience Plus
- National Workforce Development Fund
- VET Revenue General (state public institutional funding)
- Skills Queensland’s ‘Strategic Investment Fund’
- Queensland’s Community Services Skilling Plan
As the founding Director for the Sunshine Coast TAFE’s Centre for Managed Strategies, Ian with his colleagues was instrumental in securing competitive funding and delivering state-wide projects valued in excess of $9 million. Such projects were recognised in both Queensland Premier’s and various industry awards’.
Since its establishment, Montague Consulting has worked with organisations to secure over $5 million of funds from an array of funding sources.
Montague Consulting has also:
- Facilitated sessions for organisations and collaborations
- Prepared industry responses to government consultations processes
- Prepared research documents
Montague Consulting understands the system and can, with flexibility and innovation, help you achieve your training and development outcomes.
If you would like to discuss your needs, please complete the attached form and we will be in contact shortly.
Mobile: 0438 082 971